I thought I would post about this Manicotti again, since it's been a while since I've blogged. The last time I made it, I made Garlic knots with it also. They are made using canned biscuits. So easy, but very tasty. I've been getting most of my recipes from Pinterest now. Not only do I pin the items, but I've tried a lot of them too. The Sausage Manicotti was a recipe that I found from All Recipes before the Pinterest hype. You can click on either of the links above to see the recipes for these and I'll also post them below. I have a few more details listed about the manicotti in my previous post.
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 12 manicotti shells
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add manicotti shells and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the sausage; drain and keep hot. In a large bowl combine cream cheese, 1 3/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese and sausage.
- Stuff noodles with cheese and sausage mixture; place in baking dish. Pour sauce over top of noodles and sprinkle with extra cheese. Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
For the Garlic Knots recipe, check out Real Mom Kitchen.