Sunday, July 29, 2012

BLT Salad



BLT Salad

It doesn't get much easier then this, folks! My hubby and I have been doing the Paleo - Primal diet for a few months now. If you're not familiar with it, you can find lots of info and recipes for it all over the web. It basically takes out any processed foods, sugars, carbs, potatoes, grains, etc. You get the idea. We both have lost a considerable amount of weight, so we are going to continue to stick with it for a while. What I love about it, is you can pretty much eat as much as you want. Oh, and guess what? You can have bacon. I LOVE me some bacon! I've found most of my recipes via Pinterest. If you'd like to check out some of my recipes that I've pinned, you can go here.

So, I'm sure the BLT salad has been made in many kitchens. I've just never thought to prepare it this way. I decided I'd blog about it after posting the picture on Facebook. I will occasionally post a picture of something that I've prepared. After receiving several rave reviews of this, I thought I would share it with others.

Ok, get ready for the ingredients.... Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato. Wow, are you surprised?

BLT Salad for One:
1/4 head of iceberg lettuce, shredded
2 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
1/2 of garden fresh tomato, cubed
Salt and Pepper to taste
Dressing of choice

No comments:

Post a Comment