Pork Chops with Blue Cheese Gravy
I've had this recipe for years and made it many times. I LOVE Bleu Cheese but my hubby is not a fan at all. When I first tried this recipe I wondered if I could sneak it in this gravy without him knowing. Well, as you can probably figure out, I did. It doesn't really taste bleu cheesy, but does have a nice rich flavor. I made it again a few nights ago. It had been a while since I had made it last. My husband is very critical of food. Usually when I ask him how something is, he says it's ok. Most people would say good. He takes leftovers to work sometimes and shares. They get devored by the men he works with with always great compliments. So, when I asked him how this was I was surprised when I got "it is actually pretty good".
The recipe came from allrecipes.com. I follow the recipe pretty closely. Instead of black pepper and garlic powder, I add my Tastefully Simple Seasonings. I use my favorite seasoning, Tastefully Simple Seasoned Salt and I also add Tastefully Simple Garlic Pepper Seasoning blend.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 thick cut pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- Melt butter in a large skillet, over medium heat. Season the pork chops with black pepper and garlic powder. Fry the chops in butter until no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 20 to 25 minutes. Turn occasionally to brown evenly.
- Remove chops to a plate and keep warm. Stir the whipping cream into the skillet, loosening any bits of meat stuck to the bottom. Stir in blue cheese. Cook, stirring constantly until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Pour sauce over warm pork chops.
I served the pork chops with mashed potatoes and a side salad. If you'd like to try out some Tastefully Simple seasonings, you can check out my website.