Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My attempt at a Ribbon and Bead Necklace

My oh my! Let me first say that I thought this would be much easier then what I made it out to be. I was going in between two tutorials. The first one was done by Amy on Style Crush and featured on A Beautiful Mess . These looked so cute and I thought it looked pretty easy. The second tutorial I checked out was from Elizabeth on To Be Charmed and featured on the idea room. My intent was to use some embroidery thread that I had which was on one of the tutorials. I spent about 15 minutes trying to find my embroidery thread. I seriously need some better organization. After finding the embroidery thread I opened up my beads to realize the hole was too small for the embroidery thread to go through. The other tutorial used jewelry cord. I didn't have any jewelry cord (which looks like fishing line) but there was a little bit that the pearl beads came on. So, I took all the beads off the jewelry cord so I could use it. Then the little pearls rolled all over the place. I was attempting to keep them at one spot on the table but that didn't happen. This all took place around midnight. Why was I trying to do a new project around midnight? Who knows? I used 42" of ribbon which was on one of the tutorials and that ended up not being long enough. I was only able to do 3 beads in between the ruffles or it would have been even shorter. The only way I could get it to lay down where it didn't show the underside of the embroidery floss would be to wear it almost like a choker. Needless to say, I probably won't be trying it again. If so, I will do a few things differently like having beads that a needle will go through. Oh, that was another thing. Since the holes in the beads were so small I had to unthread the needle every time I added a bead. I will also have everything together before I decide to start on the project and I would use more then 42" of ribbon. Now, I would like to show you the pictures of what I was trying to attempt then how mine turned out.


Featured on A Beautiful Mess



Featured on The Idea Room



Featured on A Little Bit of Everything :)

I won't let this get my hopes up for jewelry making, but will try something different next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment