Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Chicken Bacon and Ranch Tacos


Chicken Bacon and Ranch Tacos

I started off with the notion that I was going to have beef tacos for dinner tonight. I bought a 5 lb value pack of beef on Sunday and forgot to divide it and freeze it. I got it out tonight and it had already turned brown. Yuck! So, off to the trash it went. Luckily I had chicken so I just used that instead.

For this dish I used:

Approximately 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
Tastefully Simple Seasoned Salt
Tastefully Simple Fiesta Party Dip Mix
Tastefully Simple Bacon Ranch Dip Mix
12 pack Taco Shells
Cheddar Cheese, shredded
Lettuce, shredded
Tomatoes, diced
Sour cream



In a pan heat some olive oil over Medium heat. When the pan gets hot, add your chicken. While your chicken is cooking throw in some Tastefully Simple Seasoned Salt. If you don't have any Tastefully Simple Seasoned Salt, use what you have. Also add your Tastefully Simple Fiesta Party Dip Mix. This is what you will use in place of a Taco Seasoning Mix. Very little of this goes a long way so it is a much better value then buying those taco seasoning packs in the grocery store. I probably only used about 1/2 Tbsp of it. I then added Tastefully Simple Bacon Ranch Dip Mix. Since this was a seasonal item we no longer have it available unless it is on limited supply. You could also use those packages of ranch mix and some Tastefully Simple Bacon Bacon or some other type of bacon bits. Cook your chicken until the juices run clear. Be sure not to over cook or your chicken will become tough.

While your chicken is cooking heat your taco shells and get all your desired toppings together. Like I said in previous post, I prefer to shred my own cheese from the blocks. It always taste much fresher to me. Sometimes you can get the cheese blocks for less expensive then the pre-shredded cheese but a lot of the times it is about the same cost.

When your chicken is done cooking, top your taco as you wish.

4 comments:

  1. Those sound really good! We love tacos - and I love the idea of changing them up a bit!
    Thanks!
    ~Stopping by from It's So Very Cheri!~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at bacon! Love your idea using the TS products!

    So sad about the beef - I've done that too many times though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sound seasoned just right and a fun twist to taco night! I'm glad that despite the meat issue you were able to still put a tasty sounding meal on the table. Thanks for sharing with us at A Crafty Soiree! Please join us next time too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could have this tonight! Thanks so much for linking up at A Crafty Soiree... hope you join us again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete