Monday, December 27, 2010

Homemade Salsa

Oh blog world how I've missed you. It's been way to long! I just haven't had a chance to post or read others blogs. I've been missing all the creativity. I hope it won't be as long until my next post. I did want to share a salsa recipe that I got from a friend. I did tweek it a little but it is pretty much the same thing as she gave me.


Homemade Salsa


Ingredients:

2 - 14.5 oz cans of stewed tomatoes
1/2 tsp salt (I used 1/2 Tbsp on accident and it wasn't too salty)
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Garlic Garlic (you can used minced Garlic if you don't have Tastefully Simple Garlic Garlic)
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
3-6 jalapeno peppers (I used the sliced ones in a jar and just used the amount I thought to be equivalent to 3-4. I also took the seeds out so it wouldn't be as spicy. Mine ended up being Mild-Medium heat)
Add all these to a food processor and blend until desired consistency.
Can be refrigerated for several weeks.
This makes quiet a bit but it is so good! I made it on Christmas day and it is already about gone.


6 comments:

  1. I bet this would also be a great recipe to make in large batches & can for future use and gits. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome! :) I love salsa on everything from eggs to baked potatoes....I am from Texas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds perfect -- we always enjoy a salsa on New Years Eve... thanks for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs Happy Homemaker, I was thinking the same thing! If I would have came across it previously, it could have been nice Christmas presents too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a must try Ladies. It's so easy and so tasty. As good or better then restaurant salsa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! come on over and link up to MMM :)

    ReplyDelete