Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Cheesy Goodness of Chicken Crack

I know what you're thinking. Has this Lady lost her mind? What kind of cheesy goodness can you get out of a chicken crack? Well, it's not that kind of chicken crack. We just call it that, because it's very addicting.


The original recipe is over here. I made a few changes which I will include and of course you can tweak it how you choose to.

Ingredients:
1 cup shredded, cooked chicken
8 oz. softened cream cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup shredded Mozarella cheese
3 - 4 Tbsp. dry Dried Tomato & Garlic Pesto Mix
Crackers

Directions:Combine first 5 ingredients; spread in shallow baking dish or pie plate. Bake at 350ยบ for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Serve with crackers. Makes 8-10 servings.

Notes:
The original recipe uses canned chicken. It's not my favorite, but I will use it in a pinch. I had some chicken that I had cooked in the slow cooker and shredded. It was in the freezer, so I just thawed it to use it in this.

I generally use cheddar cheese instead of the mozarella (what the recipe calls for), but I was all out. The mozarella was just as good.

This is also good added to a wrap with some lettuce

If you don't have any Dried Tomato & Garlic pesto, I know where you can find some. :) Head over here and you'll find it along with lots of other goodies.

Everytime I've made this and taken it somewhere, I have no leftovers. I'm sure it will be a hit for you also. Go ahead and make some chicken crack!


No comments:

Post a Comment