Saturday, July 17, 2010

Coupon clipping Mama

Yes, I am a coupon clipper. I like to do most of my grocery shopping at Lowe's Foods because they double coupons. I shopped there tonight and was wondering if they allowed a set amount of coupons. I think I had about 16 or 17. I also believe that is the most I've ever used in one grocery trip. I'm really getting the hang of it now. I believe it was probably about the most I had saved percentage wise as well. My purchase price was around $42 and with the in store promotions and my coupons I saved around $38. That is almost half off! Not too bad! Most of the items I purchased were on sale and I used a coupon for them. I did purchase a few items that weren't on sale and I didn't have a coupon for. I guess that might have messed up my percentage a bit. I came home and did a search on their website to see if it told how many coupons they allow. I found this under FAQ:

"To allow all of our customers to enjoy these additional savings, our prevailing guideline is that Lowes Foods reserves the right to limit quantities in coupon usage and product purchases.
"

The only time I see that it gives a number is under double coupons:

"We will double up to 20 manufacturer coupons with a face value of $0.99 or less every day."

A few others that I found informative were:

"To ensure product availability for all customers, we limit redemption to 4 coupons for 4 of the same item. For example, if you have five coupons for a specific cereal and have purchased five of the item, we will honor the coupon for up to four of the boxes of cereal."

"Coupon value cannot exceed our retail price of the item; no cash back will be awarded."

"A doubled coupon will not be honored if the doubled amount exceeds the retail or sale price of the coupon item. No cash back will be awarded." I posted about this on another post . I made $0.02 on the item when my coupon doubled.

"From time to time, our manufacturer coupon promotions will be enhanced. For example, we may offer our customers the opportunity to triple their coupons. Special promotional opportunities will be featured in our circular or on-line." Never heard of Lowe's doing triple coupons. Has anyone else?

The following are regarding internet coupons:

"We will only accept printable internet coupons if they scan at checkout."

"We will not honor FREE Product coupons printed from the Internet."

"With the purchase of two like manufacturer’s products, we accept two internet coupons per day."


It is also much easier to do my grocery shopping with coupons without my kiddos. They just don't have that much patience for me to shop around and look to see if I have a coupon. They both do enjoy helping me clip coupons though. I let them cut out the print out ones since I can usually print out another one if they clip it in half. :) Couponing does take some organizational skills also. You don't want to be in the store in one aisle searching and searching to see if you have a coupon for a specific item. I posted here about how I organize my coupons. One day I will get a picture of it too! Hope this post helps for those who may be looking to start couponing.

1 comment:

  1. Tanya, I too am a big couponer! I often save at least half off. I have found buying multiples when they are on sale with coupons is the best way to save the most in the long run. Once you start to learn what their bottom doller is on the items you buy most then you know when to jump on it and stock up!

    As for coupons at Lowes, it's true they will only double 20 per day. The rest will be at face value. There is no limit on how many you can use. The rest will just be for their face value. And, since they have updated their system, if the coupon says "do not double" then they won't.

    Oh, and also, if Lowes has something on sale for BOGO and you have a coupon for BOGO then you get both for free! Found that one out by accident.

    Great job couponing! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete