Thursday, July 15, 2010

Fresh tomato spaghetti sauce

I should have taken a picture, but didn't think about it at the time and was kind of rushed also. I've made this numerous times in the past. It is so good! I don't measure ingredients, I just add until it looks right.

I started with a little bit of olive oil in a large pan. Probably a couple of tablespoons. I then added 1/2 of a large Vidalia onion, diced. I let the onions cook until they started to become soft. I then added about a tablespoon of Garlic Garlic, and as many tomatoes as you wish. I used Roma tomatoes because that is what I had the most of. This would be good with almost any type of fresh tomatoes and I've even used canned tomatoes in the past. I also added a tablespoon or two of TS Italian Garlic Bread Seasoning. It was a spice jar that was seasonal this past Fall/Winter. I also added a couple of tablespoons of sugar, a little bit of salt and some pepper. I like to serve this over angel hair spaghetti then top with some shredded Parmesan cheese.

1 comment:

  1. i will try it this way soon! thanks for posting and letting me know about it!

    ReplyDelete