Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A great breakfast and some fireworks

Some of my family got together Saturday morning for a great breakfast. We went to this place called Shatley Springs. They offer family style which means they bring out the food in dishes and you pass it around the table. I love this place for breakfast because I'm a big breakfast eater. On a typical morning I don't eat that much, but when I come to Shatley Springs, I splurge. They brought out sausage, bacon, and country ham, eggs, biscuits, preserves, gravy, fried potatoes (look like big french fries), cooked apples, grits and pancakes is what I can remember right now. Needless to say, I ate WAY too much! They usually have a musical group (bluegrass or gospel) playing out front and they have a mountain stream (where they get their water from).



Some of my family hanging out in the rocking chairs waiting on breakfast.


More of my family


Tatiana playing in the creek/stream

and Tyler


We went to Christmas in July in West Jefferson afterward and this was taken there.

Sunday evening we went to see some fireworks.













The kids took the pictures of the fireworks

No comments:

Post a Comment