Friday, July 2, 2010

What a deal!

Let me just preface by saying I love a good bargain. When I do my grocery shopping I try to use coupons the majority of the time when I go. I like to go to Lowes Foods because they will double coupons up to $0.99. I know some places offer triple coupons on occasion but I don't have a store close by that does. I am kind of out in the country. Well, I had to run out tonight because we were out of pull ups and as sure as I didn't get any there would be an accident. So, hubby is in bed, I put the kids to bed and off I go. Of course I got more then just the pull ups. Who can go to a grocery store and buy just one thing? There are always other things that we need. We were also in need of some wipes, so while getting some pull ups I checked the prices on the wipes. Well, Pampers Clean and Go were marked down to $1.98. I had a coupon for $2.00 for any pampers wipes. She scanned it and it beeped (probably because the coupon value was more then what I was paying). She then just did an override for $2.00. So, I made $0.02 on them. :) I know, I get excited over silly things. It's not very often that I get paid to take products though. I never been one of those who are able to walk out of the grocery store with a cart full and only pay a few dollars. How in the world do they do that? I need to learn!

Using coupons is pretty time consuming though. It can be well worth it though as you just saw. I've tried several different methods. The one I'm using now is working out pretty good for me. I clip the coupons that I think I may use then file them with other items that are located in the same area. I bought some baseball card holders that I singly file them in, then I put them in a 3 ring binder. This just makes it a lot easier when going through the aisles. I can flip to the page of that category and see if I have a coupon. This way I'm not shuffling through each individual coupon trying to find one. It takes long enough to get them organized, I don't want to take even more time while in the grocery store. I also try to do my grocery shopping without my kids. Sometimes I'm able to, others not. I have more time to look through my coupons without my kids being there and I'm not as likely to buy extras that I normally wouldn't buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment