Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Homemade Tomato Spaghetti Sauce

This is the second time this Summer I have made this sauce. I could eat it at least once a week though. I love it! I posted about it previously here but I decided to take a few pictures this time.



I added enough Olive Oil to cover the bottom of a large pan. I then added a medium onion diced. I let the onion cook until it begins to become soft. I then added about a Tablespoon of Garlic Garlic, and as many tomatoes, diced as you wish. You can use canned tomatoes if you don't have fresh and if you don't have Garlic Garlic you can also add a lot of fresh garlic. This dish is full of garlic and tomatoes! That is what I love about my Tastefully Simple products. They make cooking that much easier!


After your tomatoes have been simmering for a while it will look like this. To the tomatoes I add a couple of Tablespoons of Tastefully Simple Italian Garlic Bread Seasoning. It was a seasoning that was available in the past Fall/Winter catalog and will be available again this Fall/Winter. Again, if you don't have this you can add some Italian herbs. I also add a couple of Tablespoons of sugar, about a Tablespoon of salt and fresh ground pepper. My measurements are not exact, just use to your liking.


As my sauce was cooking I grilled some chicken to top this with. My husband doesn't like pasta without some type of meat on it. The last time I cooked it I didn't add any meat and he said it smelled good but didn't even try it. The chicken here was 2 very large chicken breast. Some people like to use a meat mallet to thin out their chicken. I do this sometimes but usually I just use a knife to cut it in half if it is a thick breast. I then cut it into smaller pieces as you can see. The chicken cooks much faster then just putting a huge breast on the grill. When I have large chicken breast I almost always cut it up into smaller pieces like this. Before grilling the chicken I seasoned it with Tastefully Simple Seasoned Salt , Garlic Pepper Seasoning, and Balsamic and Basil Dipping Oil. The Balsamic and Basil Dipping Oil is delish on chicken!


Here is the final dish with the chicken cut into smaller pieces. Although this was served over spaghetti, I like to serve it over angel hair pasta then top with some shredded Parmesan cheese.

I'm sharing this over at:








No comments:

Post a Comment