Tuesday, April 27, 2010

All about food!

This post is going to be more about food then anything else. I just wanted to share a terrific recipe that I had for dinner tonight. If you don't know by now, I'm a Tastefully Simple consultant. We sell items that require no more then 2 ingredients to prepare. Super easy and very delicious. Well, for dinner tonight we had Creamy Artichoke Chicken. I omitted the swiss chess because it was plenty cheesy on it's on. Here is the recipe:

Creamy Artichoke Chicken
Submitted by Rosemary (MN) HQ Resident Chef

Ingredients
1 packet Artichoke & Spinach Warm Dip Mix
8 oz. cream cheese, cubed
1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1/2 cup chicken broth
4 oz. shredded Swiss cheese
Prepared baked potatoes, pasta or rice


Directions
Combine first 4 ingredients in a greased slow cooker. Cover, cook on low for 3-4 hours. During last 30 minutes of cooking, stir in Swiss cheese. Serve over hot baked potatoes, pasta or rice. Makes about 6

You can also find it here: http://www.tastefullysimple.com/Cultures/en-US/Recipes/recipes.htm?rid=8574&src=s

We also had roasted red potatoes with butter, TS Seasoned Salt, TS Garlic Garlic, and TS Onion Onion. Then to top it off a nice salad. I made my own Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing and drizzled that on top. I'm usually a Ranch girl (the homemade kind) but I also like some Balsamic type dressings.

For dessert I had
Betty Crocker® Cookie Brownie Bars



I love these things! I can't have brownies in the house often though because I can't control myself. I can eat almost all of them in just a few days!

Usually when I do have brownies in the house they are Tastefully Simple Truffle Fudge Brownie Mix which are just divine but I didn't have any and saw these at the store. I have had them a few times before at playdates with the kids but this was the first time I had bought them for myself.

I guess I should share a picture tonight of something other then my brownie/cookie mix. :)



This is Tyler, Tatiana and I at the Zoo Easter weekend. It was the most crowded I had ever seen the place. Hubby says we're not going back on a Holiday weekend ever again.



No comments:

Post a Comment