Thursday, June 24, 2010

Great use for a peeler

I've been trying to cut back on the carbs a little. I seriously could easily eat them every meal and do sometimes. Toast, muffin, cereal or bagel for breakfast, sandwich for lunch then pasta, rice or potatoes for dinner. For lunch to keep away from so many sandwiches I will do turkey or ham with cheese wrapped up in it then some fresh cucumbers from the garden or some grapes or other fruit. I like to get the cheddar, colby jack or monterey jack cheese in the blocks. I have been just cutting the cheese with a small knife, but sometimes it's not so easy to cut. A vegetable peeler does a great job. It slices the cheese thin and is easy peasy.

I also found these uses for a vegetable peeler. http://www.rd.com/home-garden/extraordinary-uses-for-vegetable-peelers/article24047.html I just did the search while making this post and it even mentions cheese so several of you may already know this.

Speaking of food. This is what I'm having for dinner tonight. Bacon Ranch Slow Cooker Chicken

Bacon Ranch Slow Cooker Chicken
Submitted by Kelly Arnold (MN)

Ingredients
3 Tbsp. Bacon Bacon™
1 tsp. Garlic Garlic™
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch® salad dressing mix
10.75 oz. can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sour cream
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Egg noodles, prepared


Directions
Combine first 6 ingredients. Pour mixture over chicken in slow cooker. Cook 3-4 hours on high or until chicken is cooked through. Serve over hot noodles. Makes 4-6 servings.


We have a Bacon Ranch Dip Mix that I'm going to use in place of the Hidden Valley Ranch® salad dressing mix. For those of you unfamiliar with Bacon Bacon, and Garlic Garlic . You're missing out. :) If you don't know, I'm a Tastefully Simple Consultant and would love to help you in purchasing some of these great items. Anyway, enough of my sales pitch, ha! I do use Tastefully Simple items daily though. They are awesome. I'll be sharing more recipes later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment